Saturday, January 8, 2011

Quito!

Seeing my friend Cisco as I walked out of customs in the Quito airport was a wonderful welcome. It's such a luxury not to have to search for a hostel on the first night in town. I met Cisco, who's real name is Francisco and actually goes by Pancho here, when he spent a year in my hometown as an exchange student. In the evening we had a good time talking about old friends as we browsed pictures of high school track; Cisco and I competed in the 4x 200 meter relay together. Last night, after a hot meal and shower, I slept soundly surrounded by the familiar photographs of Dan Evans.
I woke up this morning and pulled back the shades to be greeted by the Andes mountains sitting what seems like just a few blocks away. Pretty comparable to Sitka ;), except the elevation here is 2,800 meters (9,200 ft).

Ciao,
Ben

1 comment:

  1. Ben. This is great. Hopefully we can get more news--as I have a Need to Know, and you will have a good record of your travels.
    I've put the link on my homescreen of my iPhone so I can check it often! Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete