Thursday, January 6, 2011

SeaTac

Now that I'm en route, it's time to set up a blog. My goal for this blog is both to keep friends and family up to date (with hopefully weekly posts) and to encourage myself to write about the experience.
I have to admit, I've been a little anxious about my ability to help with my minimal GIS experience and without much prior knowledge of project details. I have agreed to help the Yanapuma Foundation with community mapping, but the large part of my adventures are yet unknown (thank Molly for the great title of this blog). Yanapuma approached the Tsáchila community after they expressed interested in a mapping project, but the process of determining exactly what needs to be done is a long one, so my preparation has been a little short on specifics.
I've made contact with a high school friend who lives in Quito, who generously offered to pick me up at the airport and take me in for the weekend. On Monday, I'll report the Yanapuma office to hopefully learn what I'll be doing. Next update will be from Ecuador!

Thanks for reading Mom,
Ben

3 comments:

  1. I approve of the sub-title more now. I always liked getting comments on my blog in Costa Rica, so I thought you would too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben! Thank you for setting up a blog for us to follow your journey. You write very descriptively. Your Uncle and I will be taking our first trip to Europe this spring. We are catching travel fever from the international travels of our younger relatives. I have little doubt that it will expand out perspective on practically everything. Our prayers are with you and I look forward to reading more blogs. Thanks, Aunt Leia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you didn't tell me you were in SeaTac. I could have brought you something for your flight. -- Carsten

    ReplyDelete