Saturday, February 5, 2011

All is not lost


Well, the GPS is functioning again. I suppose 4 years is too long to go without a software update. I walked around the block and the track log was recording correctly.
More good news, we finally located Los Naranjos on the aerial photo that I bought. Even the folks at the IGM couldn’t find the community; the photo was taken from pretty high up, and there aren’t very many easily recognizable landmarks in the area. I overlaid the boundary line on the photo, but wasn’t able to project it very accurately, because I only have sample points (spots on the photo I know the coordinates of) from a small section of the photographed area. Another bonus is that I should be able to trace the roads off of the photo, so at least I won't have to collect that data again.

No comments:

Post a Comment